Call for Proposals for Tracks
The core programme for the R&D Management Conference is structured around a series of parallel sessions each lasting 90 minutes. Sessions comprise four paper presentations that may be academically focused, practice relevant, or a mix of both.
The Conference Organising Committee invites proposals from those who wish to organise a track on a specific topic. This is an opportunity for Track Chairs to collate a series of interesting inputs around and in support of their key research interests. NB– maximum of two sessions (i.e. 8 papers) will be permitted for each track.
Scope of Sessions topics
The Organising Committee will be seeking academically rigorous and industrially relevant contributions. Relevant themes include all those covered in the past R&D Management conferences as well as topics that closely relate to the main theme of the 2020 conference: Innovation Across Boundaries: Historical Reflection and Future Vision. In particular the following topics are of interest:-
ECOSYSTEMS and COLLABORATION
- University-Industry collaborations
GRAND CHALLENGES INNOVATION
- Innovation Across Boundaries
- Innovation and disruptive technology
- Innovation in SMEs
- Innovation Management
- Innovation Processes and Models
- Design for Innovation
- Open Innovation
- Alternative Markets, Innovation and Growth
- Organisational Learning
- Knowledge workers
- Business Models for Innovation
- Strategic Management
- Organisation Climate
- R&D Policy
- New Product Development
- Commercialisation Pathways
- Social impact
- Social Innovation
- Frugal Innovation
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Health and Wellbeing
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Measurement Science and Enabling Technologies
- Ocean, Air and Space
- Society and Policy
- Closed Loop Innovation and sustainability
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management
- Technology Driven Innovation
Process of selection and responsibilities of Session Chairs
Track Chairs will be required to commit to the process outlined below:
- Track Chair Proposal Submission: The Track Chair will be responsible for providing all the information required via the on-line submission form by the deadline on Monday 28th October, 2019. Incomplete forms will be rejected.
- Session Development: Once the Conference Organising Committee has notified a Track Chair that their proposal has been approved, a member of the Conference Organising Committee will be assigned to liaise with the Track Chair. The Track Chair must provide information and implement actions requested by the Conference Organising Committee according to the conference preparation schedule. Failure to do so may result in the Track being withdrawn from the conference programme. The Track Chair will be responsible for:
- Promoting the Track to ensure that sufficient contributions are obtained that are of an appropriate quality and fit for the conference;
- Ensuring that the review process for potential contributions to the Track follow the guidelines (see below) that will be provided by the Conference Organising Committee in due course. This will include identification, invitation and management of reviewers for papers submitted for the Track;
- Session delivery: The Track Chair will register and attend the conference, and will be responsible for ensuring that the Track (one or two sessions) is delivered as detailed in their proposal form.
- Session follow-up: The Track Chair will be responsible for ensuring that all follow-up actions as detailed in their proposal are completed.
Evaluation of proposals
Proposals for Tracks will be evaluated by the Conference Organising Committee against criteria that will include:
- Fit with the overall conference theme;
- Clarity of objective(s) for the track;
- Clarity of process for eliciting high quality submissions.
Where multiple proposals are received for Tracks with very similar themes, the Conference Organising Committee may invite potential Track Chairs to collaborate. The decision on acceptance of Proposals for Tracks will be made by the Conference Organising Committee and will be final.
Applicants will be informed of decisions by Monday 4th November, 2019